This workshop was organised in Istanbul on the 8th and 9th of December 2016. It was dedicated to provide to participants practical knowledge of proposal evaluation. Therefore, it was divided into a number of sessions reflecting practical steps in proposal evaluation.
The objectives of the event were the following:
- To train IMs on evaluation process in H2020 and how to identify strong and weak points of the proposals from evaluator’s perspective.
- To provide IMS with practical knowledge on proposal evaluation against the evaluation criteria.
- To enable IMS to provide support to their customers to improve the quality of their proposals.
You can find the presentations and other useful material under the agenda.
- Overall concept of the 4th IMS Workshop. Presentation of the concept of 2days workshop and the role of moderators. (Aleksander Bakowski, Key Expert)
- Evaluation process of FP proposals. What happens with proposal after submission: evaluation process, evaluators, communication between EC and coordinator.(Malgorzata Snarska, Non Key Expert, Technical University of Lodz, Poland)
- How to assess integrity and completeness of the proposal: evaluator’s perspective. What should be checked in each part of the proposal? when evaluation criteria are met? (Odysseas Spyroglou, Key Expert)
- Individual Evaluation. Principles, elements to be reflected in evaluation, relevance, operational capacity, innovation, cross-cutting issues. (Aleksander Bakowski)
- Identifying strength and weaknesses of project applications Guide for evaluation of proposal based on practical experience. How to assess proposal and find out strong and weak sides and to transfer them into evaluation report, how to find answers to evaluation questions. (Arnolds Ubelis, NKE, University of Latvia, Riga)
- Brief presentation of the call text and evaluation criteria for the 1st Workshop. Challenge, scope, impact, type of action, evaluation criteria and cross cutting issues. (Aleksander Bakowski)
- Overall proposal assessment.
- Guidelines for evaluation of Excellence of the proposal. Guidelines for excellence evaluation and preparation of evaluation report. (Arnolds Ubelis)
Evaluation of Excellence. Assess the proposal following evaluation criteria, develop your comments. Arrange consensus meeting within the team.
- Guidelines for evaluation of Implementation of the proposal. Evaluation criteria, guidelines for implementation evaluation and preparation of evaluation report.
Evaluation of Implementation. Assess the proposal following evaluation criteria, develop your comments. Arrange consensus meeting within the team. Develop team evaluation report and write on the flip chart.
- Guidelines for evaluation of Impact of the proposal. Evaluation criteria, guidelines for impact evaluation and preparation of evaluation report. (Arnolds Ubelis)
Evaluation of Impact. Assess the proposal following evaluation criteria, develop your comments. Arrange consensus meeting within the team. Develop team evaluation report and write on the flip chart.
- Evaluation Panel. Participants will circulate and read colleagues ESR and add sticker to the statements they agree with. The ESR which get majority of votes will be selected and presented on the screen. Result will be discussed and the dissenting views collected. Moderated discussion on evaluation results. Verifying results of group work against real ESR. Comments from the audience and experts.
- Proposal evaluation: Experts’ Briefing
Proposals evaluation: diversity of evaluators’ approach. Remarks on differences in individual evaluation reports based on evaluator’s practical experiences.
- Evaluation Panel. Discuss differences in evaluation outcome. Compare your ESRs with real ESR.
Presentations & Useful Material