This workshop was organised in Istanbul on the 11th and 12th of May 2017. The overall concept of the training was to provide IMs with practical knowledge on Legal & Financial issues related to participation in H2020 and how to assess project costs eligibility (auditor’s perspective). IMs will get knowledge on how to advise on preparation of project budget, eligibility of costs, costs reporting and costs audit.
The objectives of the event are the following:
- To train IMs on how to prepare budget on proposal writing stage, cost categories and eligibility of costs.
- To provide IMS with practical knowledge on project costs reporting and costs audit.
- To enable IMS to provide support to their customers to improve the quality of their proposals.
Session 1: Proposal budget preparation
- How to address the budget-related elements at the proposal stage.
- Key points to keep in mind when preparing the proposal budget.
Session 2: Cost categories and eligibility of costs
- Project costs. Personnel costs, Other direct costs, Subcontracting, Third parties, Indirect costs.
- Project costs. Forms of costs, reimbursement rates, ineligible costs, VAT, keeping records, reviews and audits.
Session 3: Costs calculation
- Costs estimation for the proposal, costs monitoring and reporting. Project coordinator perspective
- Payment modalities Pre-financing and Interim payments, cash-flow gaps
- Q/A and wrap-up.
Session 4: Costs auditing
- Auditor’s perspective of project costs eligibility: Personnel Costs, Other direct costs, Depreciation Principles in Public Institutions& Private Companies
- Common mistakes made in preparing financial documents. Eligibility of the Auditor.
Session 5: Tax Exemptions in H2020 projects
- General overview for tax exemptions and national regulatory framework.
- How to obtain VAT Exemption Certificate, How to benefit from tax exemption, Comparing VAT exemption provided for R&D companies
- Q/A and wrap-up.
Session 6: Legal aspects of H2020 projects
- Consortium composition in H2020 projects: How to ensure a balanced consortium for the addressed action.
- Model Grant Agreement: Models, structure, obligations, amendments
- Consortium Agreement: IPR, Management rules and procedures, responsibilities.