- Exploitation, dissemination (open access), ownership and access rights as well as protection and licensing of IP should be considered.
- Open access in H2020 can be defined as the practice of providing on-line access to scientific information that is free of charge to the end-user.
- In the context of R&D, 'scientific information' can refer to peer-reviewed scientific research articles (published in academic journals) and also to scientific research data (data underlying publications, curated data and/or raw data).
- Therefore, effectively exploiting research results depends on the management of IP, which should be part of the overall management of knowledge in the project.
- In other words, Intellectual Property is the cornerstone of H2020 projects, due to its capacity to give its holders a competitive advantage in the market.
What is needed ?
Better and more effectively exploiting project results, an efficient and strategic knowledge management including the safeguarding and protection of your intangible assets through Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and confidentiality becomes more pressing than ever.