Business Plan Development
Although there is an unlimited amount of resources (both free and paid) in the Internet for writing a Business Plan, I recommend starting from the links below:
- How to Write a Business Plan (UK Gov).
- A business plan for a Research Institute is quite different than one for industry or commercial business. So hava a look at a different structure here.
- A sample from a Research Initiative: DNDi.
- A sample from a Regional Science Centre.
- A prelimenary Business Plan from University of Minnesota.
Business Model Canvas
This is a very popular tool among start ups and the tech industry. It was introduced only in 2008 but became almost a must under Lean Startup principles. You can use it as a strategy and visualisation tool but it cannot replace a detailed business plan. See the principles and check out some tools to easily create a BC:
Very good reasons. I wanted to add more points to the opportunity reason:
Sometimes you want to write business plan to get certain type of customers. As small business some major firms would not want to deal with you if they have no idea about your startegic direction.
BP can be helpful in such cases.
Please sign in to leave a comment.