I am from a public authority or a non-profit organisation in Turkey. How Horizon 2020 can benefit me?
In Horizon 2020, public authorities are normally ministries, development and other public agencies, municipalities and other regional authorities as well as organisations that offer public services such as public transportation companies, disaster and first response actors, etc. Most of the public authorities have a key role in policy making at regional, national and sometimes european level.
On the other hand, non-profit organisations are normally non-profit public or private associations that have direct access to their members and have a key role in policy advising. Such organisations are for example, chambers of commerce, industry, or of a specific craft or even private non-profit associations with individual members such as an association of persons with disabilities from a specific region.
Very often the role of public authorities and non-profit organisations is underestimated in Horizon 2020 by the representatives from these types of organisations. However, they play a critical role in the success of any Horizon 2020 project or proposal. More specifically, their key roles in Horizon 2020 projects and proposals can be
- Consultation with their members for policy advising
- Direct platform with end-users for analysing their needs as well as for pilot testing of H2020 outputs from a project
- Communication and dissemination activities
- Direct link with policy-makers
In some cases, public authorities may be required to for the eligibility of a proposal such as in some Security calls that active involvement of at least 3 Border or Coast Guards Authorities is required in cross-border surveillance calls. Under "Turkey in Horizon 2020 II" programme, we have organised a specialised training on security calls and how to get involved as partner, how to develop a winning proposal as coordinator, what to pay attention on each call, etc and you can access the training material from our specific helpdesk page
Therefore, public organisations and non-profit organisations can highlight any of the above services that they can offer when they contact potential applicants for involving them in their Horizon 2020 proposal. Especially, contributions to the formulation of related policies is an impact indicator that is required in all different Horizon 2020 call topics.
In the programme "Turkey in Horizon 2020 phase II", we offer the following services in order to support public or non-profit organisations from Turkey to get involved in Horizon 2020 collaborative projects:
- How to join consortia as a partner in general in the context of the IMS-1 training or in specific Security, Energy calls and soon in ICT calls.
- How to develop winning projects with a step-by-step approach in specific Security, Energy calls (from our specific helpdesk page )and soon in ICT calls.
- How to become a valuable partner by writing an impressive Impact section in grant applications for H2020 collaborative projects in the context of the IMS-2 training
There will be other trainings also to be organised and you should check our events page for past and upcoming trainings at https://turkeyinh2020.eu/event-list/. In any case, you can check the links above for accessing the proper training material so far. In general, the training material for most of our trainings can be found from our helpdesk.
Furthermore, you can visit the TUBITAK website specifically about Horizon 2020 for more info.